Saturday 10 November 2012

Little November Christmas Trees

It is a little bit premature, but I decided to make a Christmas tree for the dollhouse. I decided the best course was to buy HO railway pine trees because of their realism.  



I bought a pack of seven trees with the view to making them all up and putting the six I don't use on eBay. I went to a craft shop and bought a selection of beads and other shiney small things to decorate them with.


I had to glue the bases on, and it was a challenge to get them straight..




I made the stars on top with by glueing two star shaped split pins together (above).



I made baubles with beads and wire as hooks.



Because they are quite small trees, I bought two little tables for them to sit on, like Victorian Christmas trees.



I haven't decorated the rest of the trees because I am going to go back to the shops and get some different coloured beads for some variety.  


For now though, they look very sweet in the parlour. 

1 comment:

  1. Hell oEmily,
    It is never to early to get ready for Christmas! Great job on the trees. They look great and I love them on the table. The group of trees is lovely.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete